In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1nuevas femenino arcaiconoticias femenino
- Each positive piece of economic news last fall was matched by equally bad economic tidings.
- Mrs Manning obviously intended to come as a bearer of good tidings.
- It has been a pleasure to bring the good tidings to our public.
- Recent days brought tidings of an official invitation to Paris.
- Several of his less talented colleagues, I'm told, protested vehemently when they heard the glad tidings.
- The sad tidings were received with a sense of total disbelief.
- It said some workers had already returned to work and other workers will get letters telling them the glad tidings soon.
- If it had happened yesterday, you would have read about it on the internet, or received the bad tidings in an email or a text message.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.