In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ojo de tigre masculino
- The minerals in my set include fluorite, a very pretty piece of sodalite, and a nice piece of polished tiger eye.
- You will need a solar stone, such as citrine, yellow topaz, carnelian or yellow tiger's eye.
- She had amazing fiery eyes amber, that reminded me of that stone, tiger's eye.
- This process of elimination continued until he was only left with his tiger's eye and his moonstone.
- Charlie recognized it as the stone she wore around her neck; tiger eye.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.