In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lirio tigrado masculino
- Jordan reached out a hand tentatively to finger the large, vibrant tiger lily that lay amongst some greens in a small corsage box.
- The tiger lily has played a very important role in the development of the Asiatic hybrids and other lilies.
- I looked at my desk and saw a beautiful orange tiger lily, my favorite flower.
- My favorite flowers are tiger lilies and pink roses.
- We walked to the back of the garden, and once again, I found myself surrounded by my favorite flower, the tiger lily.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.