In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cápsula del tiempo femenino
- Last November the pupils took part in a ceremony to bury a time capsule at the site of the new school.
- Very soon, a vast time capsule will be buried containing all manner of goods and items intended to wholly embody 20th century life.
- In exchange for a contribution of at least £10, individuals were able to buy a tree and have their name included in a time capsule buried on the site.
- Builders working on the redevelopment of the Withington Hospital site have uncovered a time capsule buried 118 years ago.
- School pupils plan to bury a time capsule in the garden, which is to be dug up in 50 years time, in the year 2050.
- The Scottish Executive is soon to bury a time capsule on the site of the new parliament.
- On Monday, they'll bury a time capsule containing work from every child in the school - to be reopened in 2013.
- But a time capsule will give future generations a snapshot of 21st century hospital life.
- Once he was even called to locate a plastic time capsule buried in front of a high school nearly 30 years earlier.
- There was much interest in the Killavil community as the pupils of their school buried a time capsule.
- A window to the past was opened by pupils at a Yorkshire school yesterday, after the discovery of a time capsule dating back to 1891.
- For £10 per tree, the donor's name will be inscribed on a plaque in the wood and also included in a time capsule to be buried there.
- George Orwell buried a time capsule at Southwold, Suffolk seventy years ago.
- Pupils from the school in East Hull are hoping to make a little bit of history by burying a time capsule at the site of their new school, which is due to open in January.
- He was also invited to put a memento, a signed copy of the day's programme, into a time capsule that will be buried in the ground.
- The Minister watched as a time capsule was buried in the Millennium Garden at the school.
- It will carry a time capsule containing messages and personal items that will stay on the moon after the crash.
- Alongside this a time capsule was buried which will be opened in 2050.
- If you want to peer into the past, you could dig up a time capsule buried in some building foundation.
- A time capsule containing controversial items is to be buried in the building site at St. Anne's College.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.