In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1señal horaria femenino
- These systems work by comparing time signals received from different satellites.
- It was wound solemnly each Sunday morning, checked against the BBC time signal, adjusted, and the glass cover snapped gently back for another week.
- The BBC first used the six pips as a broadcast time signal - in recent years the sixth pip has been elongated for emphasis.
- Every night, the clock automatically checks the radio-delivered official time signal and makes whatever adjustments are necessary to stay synchronized.
- Atomic clocks are designed to receive radiofrequency transmissions of time signals several times a day to auto-adjust the time.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.