In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1prueba cronometrada femenino
- The final type of stage is called the time trial, or race of truth.
- This resembles an individual time trial, but with entire teams competing together.
- The second place in the time trial in the Italian Championship was a defeat.
- Stage three, an individual time trial, would shake the race up.
- With her place in the road race long since secure, Cooke has yet to make up her mind about competing in the time trial, the event she came unstuck in at the Commonwealths.
- We will be in the Pyrenees in the first week of the race so hopefully Roberto can hit the first time trial with a good advantage on his rivals.
- Cooke came fifth in her best event, the road race, and 19th in the women's individual time trial.
- In October, he won the time trial at the World Championships to add to stage victories at the Tour de France and Tour de Spain.
- Do you feel the race is calmer this year having started with the long time trial?
- She was also seventh in the 500m time trial and plans to compete in both events.
- In 2004 will you target the Olympics, and if you do, will you go for pursuit on the track, the time trial or the road race?
- That's when each racer will face cycling's ‘race of truth,’ an individual time trial.
- Armstrong has four more long road stages, plus an individual time trial on Friday, left to negotiate before the race rolls into Paris on Sunday.
- He injured his knee after banging it against his own handlebars during the team time trial in the first week of his first Tour.
- Karin will be competing in both the time trial and the individual pursuit in Athens.
- Honestly, I wasn't even sure that Christine would be racing the time trial in Redlands.
- Tomorrow we have a double day - what looks to be a short flat road race in the morning and a time trial in the evening.
- The evening time trial was raced on a challenging, technical circuit, with hills and cobbles.
- Mark Scanlon will contest both the individual time trial and the road race at the European championships in France next month.
- If not, then Wiggins will be left free to concentrate on the world individual time trial in Madrid in September.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.