In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1temporizador masculino(of oven, video etc) reloj (automático) masculino
- Some of these models also provide a greater number of programs, automatic shut-off timers and mechanisms that keep noise to a minimum.
- It's thought that the bombs themselves were operated manually, i.e. human suicide bombers rather than mechanical timers.
- We have used a timer on our engine heaters to save energy costs yet still give our vehicle engines ample time to heat up.
- The valve-on state can be activated from a remote robotic device when the automatic timer on the unit is off.
- Most of these timers also offer preset schedules.
- The mouse is equipped with an automatic sleep timer so it will shut itself off when idle for ten minutes.
- Modern dimmers even come with remote or voice control and have presets and built in timers.
- Likewise, refrigeration units now have automatic start-up timers for pre-cooling trailers.
- I refer to those who pre-tear toilet tissue to avoid work on Shabbat, but set automatic timers on the TV to turn on the college football games.
- But I'm so proud of myself for being able to use the video timer that I get the time wrong and tape two hours of daytime TV.
- If I'm not around a telly on Wednesday afternoons, I make sure the video timer's set.
- Well-positioned floodlights activated by timers or motion or light sensors force criminals to do what they hate most: work in the light.
- The animals are hooked up to milking machines with timers on them.
- If all this seems like too much fiddling around, you also could install an electronic timer and a drip hose to each plant.
- I set the timer and went into the living room to watch the TV.
- To take a domestic example, how many over 35s know how to set a video timer?
- If you don't want to rely on a neighbor for watering, install an automatic timer for your watering system or hose.
- However can someone tell me, please, why every time you want to set the timer on your video they never coincide with each other?
- At the beach, the timer on Chase's watch went off, signaling that it was time for him to turn over.
- Power can be conserved by leaving sensors in sleep mode most of the time; internal timers or network signals activate them only when they are needed to take a measurement or pass on a signal.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.