In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(person) infatigable(person) incansable(efforts/patience) inagotable
- He was a tireless campaigner and performer at benefit concerts over many decades.
- She is respected for her tireless energy and enthusiasm in all of these fields.
- Thanks to his tireless efforts, the Government has identified a suitable site for the bus stand.
- Saskatchewan was blessed with a tireless worker who proudly represented working people.
- A York man has finally found his long-lost father after a tireless search that took him to the other side of the Atlantic.
- They had a couple of tireless septuagenarians in their ranks who motored about like people half their age.
- The tireless enthusiast for the Middle Ages thus unwittingly confessed to an act of mindless vandalism.
- I am sure many will miss his loyal friendship, tireless industry and agreeable manner towards all he met.
- It wasn't about that magazine, it was about the fact that she was a tireless and deep reader.
- He devoted his life to fighting apartheid in South Africa, and was a tireless campaigner.
- Frank was also a tireless campaigner for improved housing for working class people.
- Recent years have seen historic progress and tireless efforts to secure a lasting peace.
- Her tireless work for others has now earned her a place in the Greater Manchester Police Young Citizen of the Year finals.
- He was tireless, working six days a week, and he stopped only if snow covered the ground.
- Most refer to her good work and tireless energy but do not even touch on the range or depth of her activities.
- This academy bears testimony to his tireless and selfless endeavours and services in this regard.
- His tireless efforts for a quick German reunification paid off well.
- The winner will be one local whose tireless efforts continue the tradition of making our area special.
- This solicitor's dedication and commitment to human rights and suspected miscarriages of law is tireless.
- His tireless passion and strong belief in our campaign has been an ongoing inspiration to all of us.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.