In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A supple and accessible wine, the wash is a heady confection of clean lemon, floral honey and warm toasty tones, while the finish is complex and evolving.
- Her students will make use of the project's three on-site yurts - circular Mongolian-style tents which house a large propagator and a cosy classroom kept toasty with a wood-burning stove.
- Childhood memories, of toasty firesides, warm bedtime drinks and even playing in the snow are all very quaint and charming but I can do without chilblains, in memory or in reality.
- Nothing beats the toasty comfort of a flickering blaze in the hearth while Old Man Winter rages just beyond the walls.
- Both systems offer a programmable thermostat so your floor will be warm and toasty by the time you get up.
- He finally entered the warm, toasty kitchen through the servants' entrance.
- She stared up at him with livid eyes, ‘No, I'm warm and toasty.’
- The cabin's front porch contained a liberal supply of firewood for our heating needs, the only thing standing between us and being comfortably toasty was converting the wood to heat energy.
- I was all nice and toasty in a warm and fluffy bed, surrounded by half a dozen blankets and a plump pillow.
- Your fingertips can freeze in no time, and the only way to keep your hands toasty is to buy warm gloves.
- Keeping in mind these tips to reduce your heating bill while keeping your home's air clean will ensure that this winter you'll be warm and toasty - not left out in the cold.
- Like us, most of their innovations worked, but they also learned some lessons - their building is warm and toasty in winter and cool in summer, but one of their composting toilets never worked.
- You can warm up towels by putting them in a dryer for a few minutes so they are nice and warm and toasty!
- That will expose a population of influential businesspeople and community leaders to your work, and potential clients involved in those causes will feel all warm and toasty about you when they need video services of their own.
- Second, he gave the propane company a check on this account that will keep you warm and toasty for at least ten years.
- A winter chill prevailed outside, but with a comfy seat and a toasty heater in the carriage, I was all but sawing logs in the next few minutes.
- Although she was toasty and warm under blankets and cotton sheets, she was still shivering fairly violently.
- But but but - on the up side, every room in our house will be toasty and warm this winter.
- Although I am still warm and toasty within the confines of my sleeping bag, I am very aware of the fact that I will soon have to expose my partially naked body to the cold, stale air of the tent.
- They were little tin-foil squares that you snapped in half like a glow-stick, and they'd get all warm and toasty.
1toasty warm — calentito
1sándwich tostado masculinosándwich caliente masculino Uruguay Chiletostado masculino Argentina
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.