In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1barrera de peaje femenino
- It said the price hike would apply to 18 toll gates on the N1 highway, 14 on the N2, 10 on the N3, eight on the N4 and five on the N17.
- The opening of the West Link toll bridge should be fast-tracked, and toll gates should be lifted where there are snarl-ups at the existing bridge.
- It means, the car driver can choose to go back to the entrance toll gate to hand it the fee every 7 days, or to go to the police to pay a little bit higher - 150 RMB per month.
- Perhaps it may not be a bad attempt to revisit the idea of setting up toll gates.
- The toll keepers simply kept a record of the number of times his coaches had gone through a toll gate.
- It will cost, however, with toll gates at either end charging something like 1.50 euros, which I suppose is a small price to pay for getting there faster and more safely.
- We throw luggage into boot and hit the road as far as the toll gate will allow us.
- What about reopening the toll gates again, they seem to be coming back into fashion and we used to have one in Mytholmes Lane, mainly for horse and carts and peasants in those days.
- They've been used for years in dashboard black boxes that allow cars to pass through toll gates without stopping.
- Petrol was 7 cents a litre, the express ways were fabulous with few cars and although the signs said no motorbikes the guys on the toll gates waved us through with a big smile, refused to charge us or accept the cigarettes we offered.
- In the Eastern Cape, a toll gate may cause social difficulties since many people will be unable to pay the tolls.
- We got slightly lost but arrived in the end and although we hadn't intended to cross it we found ourselves at the toll gate without any warning.
- Some would even jump over the toll gate to avoid paying.
- The lifting of the Eltham toll gate in 1925 worked against him - people began to travel further, often to the beach.
- Government vehicle drivers would be issued with another card which could be used for maintenance, repairs and toll gates only.
- A couple out driving the Coquihalla Highway near the toll gates saw something strange, and pulled their truck over to watch a red colored object just below the top of the mountain.
- Every day he passed through the toll gate where I worked.
- The introduction of toll gates for the purpose would not be a bad idea considering that other countries do the same.
- It is like putting in a toll gate before the highway has been constructed.
- He said that the use of vouchers would speed up the lines at toll gates.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.