In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(de un tocadiscos) brazo masculino
- The team discarded the tone arm and stylus cartridge, and replaced them with an optical delivery system or ‘optical head’ designed and constructed by the technical team.
- Its rudimentary suspension couldn't possibly cushion the tone arm from even the slightest road shocks.
- In addition to its assorted vibration-damping technologies, the tone arm allows you to dial in the sound with each platter by adjusting arm height, called VTA, on the fly.
- We picked up the tone arm and played it again and again.
- Reprogramming the satellite corrected the problem and now our tone arm is providing us with a listening experience unparalleled in hi-fi depth, clarity, and stereo soundstage.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.