In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1poema sinfónico masculino
- Like a Strauss tone poem, the scoring is opulent, wide-ranging, but unmistakably Czech in its harmonic language.
- Contemporary orchestral works are often commissioned as opening pieces for concerts, so it seems to be popular to use a variation of the Lisztian tone poem as the basic form of the piece.
- It was during this period that he wrote his most important, purely orchestral work, the tone poem 'Hero and Leander' for the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra.
- The overall form of this quartet could easily be described as a chamber tone poem.
- Indeed, sketches survive of a comparatively opulent piano concerto, and of a tone poem 'Der schone Spiegel' from as late as 1928.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.