1amígdala femeninohe had his tonsils out — lo operaron de las amígdalas
- Surgical removal of tonsils, nasal polyps or other tissue impinging on the airway also may relieve sleep apnea.
- The major parts of the system are the bone marrow, spleen, thymus gland, lymph nodes, and the tonsils.
- If the throat is narrower to start with, for example because the tonsils are enlarged, it is easier for the throat muscles to close and block the airway.
- A programme of testing several thousand pathological specimens of appendixes and tonsils was started.
- The tonsils were moderately enlarged with no deviation of the uvula.
- This will help prevent complications such as rheumatic fever or an abscess around the tonsils.
- If the abscess is located in the distal part of the tonsil, puncture of the carotid artery can occur.
- It is possible that the ‘breath holding’ episodes the child exhibited previously were in fact intermittent and momentary obstruction of the glottis by the tonsil.
- The tonsils normally help to filter out bacteria and other microorganisms to aid the body in fighting infection.
- Sometimes surgery is needed to remove tonsils or extra tissue from the throat.
- Other parts of the lymphatic system are the spleen, thymus, bone marrow and tonsils.
- Doctors cannot usually tell the difference just by looking at the tonsils.
- Oral cancers occur in the mouth and the back of the throat, the tonsil, tongue, lip and voice box.
- The tonsils and the back of the throat may look red, swollen, and dotted with whitish or yellowish specks of pus.
- Perhaps if I do relent and have them out, I should also book in to have my tonsils and appendix removed as well, just in case.
- The problem can sometimes be fixed if the tonsils are taken out, if a machine is used to help breathing at night, or if the child loses weight.
- Enlarged adenoids or tonsils, which are at the back of the throat, may block the Eustachian tube.
- This throat membrane usually covers the tonsils and is a dirty grey colour.
- The tonsils are the two masses of tissue on either side of the back of the throat.
- Sometimes a secondary bacterial infection of the tonsils occurs, and this is usually treated with the antibiotic penicillin.