1finoelegantepijo España coloquialpituco Cono Sur coloquialpopoff México coloquialposudo Colombia coloquial
- When Americans think of British television, they think of ‘quality’ news and tony entertainment shows.
- Until recently, mache - also known as lamb's lettuce or corn salad and a longtime staple in France - could be found here mainly in tony restaurants and upscale markets.
- There is everything in this discount store of literary ambitions, from the obligatory tony commentary to pathetic little passages of smut.
- In the ensuing days Miller was celebrated in the tony newspapers and magazines as a latter-day Shakespeare.
- Here, in tony Mount Washington, the residents sometimes complain too, but they seem to secretly like it this way because it adds to the hidden, rural character.
- A child of the civil rights movement, she attended integrated schools and sends her son to one of Atlanta's tony private academies.
- There's a fear that the valley may grow from a place where people of modest means can live and work into a tony enclave for wealthy second-home owners.
- It's not just their ability to publish in so many tony outlets - it's the fact that they're more than a decade younger than me and publishing in so many tony outlets.
- It markets its meat to tony Manhattan restaurants and gets top dollar.
- A fire hydrant that prevented him and his wife from parking their SUV in front of their tony digs was removed by the city of Boston at his behest.
- Likewise, locals with tony connections are packing their bags for ranches in Wyoming and mountain aeries in Colorado.
- Little Dix Bay, a tony Rosewood resort on Virgin Gorda in the British Virgin Islands, offers WiFi on its beaches.
- All these years I lived here, and little did I know how much fun could be had for so little money in a town so famous for its tony ways.
- They sent them to tony private schools, as well.
- And what does it have to do with tony Monterey County, home of rugged shorelines, exclusive golf clubs and hundreds of acres of lettuce fields?
- Fried chicken gets the respect it deserves at his tony restaurant.
- So Allan, how do you explain the relative success at these tony places, all these expensive handbags and lotions and potions and so forth?
- The expected glamour of the leading ladies was complemented by the tony dressing of guests who represented the full cultural mélange that is Houston.
- In 1989, they were married in the tony paradise of Hobe Sound, Fla., where the bride's parents had moved after decades of living near Chicago.