In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of person, animal)diente masculinofemenino muelafront teeth — dientes de adelante masculino
- back teeth — muelas
- to clean / brush one's teeth — lavarse / cepillarse los dientes
- I had a tooth pulled / (British) out — me sacaron una muela/un diente
- to kick sb in the teeth — humillar a algn
- before noun tooth decay — caries dental
- He sucked in his breath through his teeth, biting down hard to try and suppress the throbbing left behind by a revolver's bullet's passage.
- It is easy for tiny amounts of food to get trapped in the tiny dents or fissures, and if you do not brush them thoroughly, bacteria can build up and start to decay the tooth.
- There also will be worse staining of the teeth and some risk of tooth loss from caries because of the sugar in chewing tobacco.
- Dental caries occur when bacteria destroy the enamel surface of the tooth and cause decay.
- The sugar in milk and juices will eat at your child's teeth and may cause decay.
- If the teeth are not cleaned properly they may be vulnerable to tooth decay causing cavities, or to gum disease.
- Wisdom teeth are the last teeth at each end of the upper and lower gums, at the very back of the mouth.
- Dental caries or sugar-bacterial tooth decay is largely preventable.
- These can expose your baby's teeth to harmful acids, which can attack the newly formed teeth and cause decay.
- Maxillary or posterior dentary teeth more recurved, denticles present on the anterior carinae.
- Some malocclusions cannot be treated successfully without removing permanent teeth, though tooth removal is contraindicated in other situations.
- Fluoride helps make teeth strong and prevents tooth decay.
- The pain is aggravated by eating, gum chewing, teeth clenching, or yawning.
- In nonmammalian vertebrates, tooth replacement is intimately related to growth.
- The teeth are natural with occlusal amalgam fillings in teeth 30 and 31.
- The core structure of the tooth is composed of dentine.
- Red, swollen areas in a child's mouth or dark spots on the teeth are signs of tooth decay.
- You may lose both the wisdom tooth and the tooth next to it because of extensive decay.
- Titan triggerfish are armed with powerful jaws and teeth suitable for chewing bony corals divers should steer clear of them!
- Close association of shark teeth with a vertebrate skeleton is yet another type of fossil record that may indicate shark feeding.
2masculino dientefemenino púamasculino diente
- A toothed rack rail is laid in the middle of the track on the slopes and the pinions attached to the engine engage with the teeth of the rack bars and enable the engine to pull itself and its load up.
- Desargues proposed cycloidal teeth for gear wheels in the 1630's.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.