In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1de interés actualde actualidadhighly topical — de palpitante actualidad
- The flagship daily news and current affairs programme Kildare Today will deal with topical issues and provide a forum for listeners to air their views.
- The suffering of humanity in war, a very topical issue at the moment, is the theme of one of the books chosen by Castlebar Book club for April.
- That requires programmes which are topical, engaging and relevant, as the best of current affairs has always been.
- Our programming is about subjects that are topical and relevant to us in our current lives.
- To make the event more meaningful, seminars on topical interest have also been scheduled.
- It deals with a very topical subject, Anglo-American relations, set at a time during the American War of Independence.
- Official spokespeople were initially hostile, but have now taken the smart public relations step of cautiously complimenting the duo for raising topical issues.
- You can get latest news, comment pieces on topical issues, a list of events, and lots of statistics on the region.
- This new programme will deal with topical issues and news stories of the day and provide a platform for listeners' views.
- As contributions to this section, the Editors welcome comment and debate on topical issues or on recent articles or reviews appearing in the journal.
- So you could see that they really wanted to focus these things on topical issues and really drill them home.
- About 250 students from Yorkshire and Lincolnshire are expected to attend the December 14 event, which will cover a number of topical issues.
- He is a frequent contributor to leading newspapers on subjects of topical interest.
- Other topical issues got the panel debating the grey areas of liberalism, such as the contradictions in banning fox hunting and smoking in public places.
- They usually have a few guests and discuss topical issues, usually of interest to men.
- Should it end the practice of open questioning of ministers on topical issues?
- She will focus on exploring topical issues ranging from social and personal ones to world politics.
- The key problem is that the burden of proof, or demand for evidence, may vary according to a policy's perceived fit with the prevailing collective world views about issues of popular topical interest.
- Of course it's only topical to current events in my and my family's life but I believe you should take these things one step at a time.
- School can help prepare children for this adult world, by encouraging them to discuss social and political affairs, and introducing topical issues during lessons.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.