1peñasco masculinorisco masculino
- This final rise on the ridge is noted for its two granite warts, or tors, the Clach Choutsaich, Coutt's Stone and the Argyll Stone, a larger and more impressive tor than can easily be seen from certain parts of the Spey valley.
- It is an easy climb from there up on to Beinn Mheadhoin's long, broad ridge where a line of tors, the sabhalan or the barns, leads you to the summit tor.
- Most of the time Carson's wider view was blocked by the tors and rock faces, though every once in a while a sight of the valleys below him and the summits above him would peek through.
- A little to the south-east of this summit lies a curious constellation of rock tors, three individual outcrops of fine - grained granite.
- Despite my earlier reluctance to face the wintry conditions, it was curiously exhilarating to battle through the snowdrifts and clouds and arrive by the summit tor just as the clouds broke.
- A steep and punishing climb of the tor afforded us spectacular views of both Wolfscote Dale and Milldale - at which point, it started to hail.
- Their home is now the mountain tor, their wits flown to who knows where!
- Dartmoor has a majesty all of its own, especially when the mist rolls over the tors.
- We've already visited several eco-homes; mainly showhome type thingys, but one ‘real’ one, near Glastonbury you can see Glastonbury tor if you are sitting on her outdoor compost toilet wild!
- Occasionally, highly visible rocks seem to have been singled out for special attention, as with some of the natural tors on Bodmin Moor.
- He seemed a black lump looming over the desk like a vulture on a high tor, waiting for his prey to walk into his clutches.
- Block and boulder-strewn nubbins and castle koppies (and the tors of south-western England) apparently evolve through the further weathering, in the subsurface, of incipient bornhardts.
- Climb the slopes in a NNE to The Sneck, then continue E to gain the plateau and summit tor of Ben Avon.
- This involves picking your way through the rocks, which are part of one of the tors on Ben Rinnes.
- Under snow, you will see an arctic landscape stretching for miles; north to the Cromdales and Ben Rinnes; east to the distinctive tors on the long spine of Ben Avon; south to the ‘hill in the middle’, Ben Mheadhoin, and west to Cairngorm.
- There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for awhile.