In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in UK)ayuntamiento masculinomunicipio masculinomunicipalidad femeninoconcejo municipal masculino
- The lease on the building has now expired and the town council is waiting for the city council to come up with a new one.
- The town council decided to contact Tendring Council about a risk assessment.
- A councillor has donated a hand bell to a new town council in memory of his wife.
- The town council will write to Essex County Council with its concerns as a matter of urgency.
- Her husband is currently a member of the town council on which she served for nine years from 1987.
- The town council's finance committee recommended no change to the levels earlier this week.
- He had been elected onto the town council at the local elections in May last year.
- The town hall is owned by North Wiltshire District Council but the facility is run by the town council.
- The town council will now write to the county council asking them to revise the plan.
- The town council and North Wiltshire District Council are not issuing any statements.
- He had been a member of the US-backed town council and had eschewed incitements of violence.
- It is no secret that some district councillors had little or no time for the new town council.
- He says it is a common complaint and the town council needs to put a system of gritting in place.
- The town council has now referred the borough council's dealings to the Audit Commission.
- Several other councillors said the town council should add its full backing to the festival.
- Mrs Martin agreed to take the suggestion to the town council and the youth council.
- The town council resolved to write to the county council and West Wiltshire Housing Society.
- How long before the town council tries to change the boundaries again to gain more council tax?
- Members of the town council made it clear when they met on Monday that they supported the single site concept.
- The building is owned by Burnley council and the town council rents a room there.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.