In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1emplazamiento de la ciudad masculino
- Cumberland County, the original townsite, which now comprises nearly all the Sydney metropolitan area, gives 35 to 40 per cent of itself to bush.
- In 1905, when the provinces of Alberta and Saskatchewan were formed with the fourth meridian as the boundary, Lloydminster as a townsite found itself divided between two provinces.
- We enter Schofield Park, an old townsite situated in beautiful alpine meadowland.
- Within the townsite, species diversity was low, but large numbers of individuals represented most species.
- The townsite has been sold off and a good many of the buildings ended up in Dawson City.
- When Joe Ladue was trying to establish the townsite that would become Dawson City, he needed a surveyor.
- These contracts covered only a little over 2,300 acres, 640 of which were the Cody townsite itself.
- Next came harbour sites, townsites and main roads.
- In 1913, the Santa Fe Land Improvement Company filed for the townsite of Elkhart, Kansas, on April 28, at 2 p.m.
- His actions and advice on the survey of rural sections, roads, townsites, reserves and early forest plantings have left a lasting impression on South Australia.
- A townsite was surveyed and town lots pegged out by October 1895.
- By 1874 prospectors had explored the beautiful horseshoe-shaped valley that would become the townsite of Ouray.
- More evidence of progress was seen during March 1863, when Arthur B. Cooper arrived to survey and lay out the townsite of Nuccaleena.
- Besides visiting a graveyard at night the art students went to chapels, a monastery and other buildings at the historic townsite.
- The next day, we grabbed a quick breakfast, a close up look at some deer hanging around the townsite (we had seen a mountain sheep the day before) and headed off on a boat tour down the lake.
- Under terms of the peace treaty signed in 1814, the tribe relinquished to the United States 22 million acres of land, including the townsites of some of the Upper Creeks who had fought alongside Andrew Jackson's forces against the rebels.
- The weather seems to be clearing, and I went for a walk around the townsite this morning.
- Mr Summers, who has some 20 fire-fighters under his direction in the townsite aside from many volunteers throughout the shire, said arson had not been a big problem in the shire in the past.
- The anthropogenic ecosystems of interest were the townsite, the refuse dump, and the sewage lagoon.
- He also became the owner of several townsites and the publican of the Rock Hotel, the licence of which he held until 1889.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.