In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1zapatilla de atletismo femenino
- The cyclist, seemingly untouched by the war, was dressed in a tee shirt and shorts, knee-high socks and track shoes.
- Here are five things you need to know before you put on your track shoes and tee it up.
- He wore a shabby pair of green slacks made from synthetic fibre and flared from the knee down, a green t-shirt and a pair of cast-off track shoes from a former client.
- She confirmed she had worn normal track shoes last night rather than spikes to ensure her legs were 100% for the marathon, but she insisted she had not taken it easy during the race.
- And, plus, he had his track shoes on the entire night.
- She pulled out five pairs of white medium-grade track shoes.
- When I'm out running on my lunch hour, not once have I watched in awe as a fellow runner sprints toward me sporting a solitary track shoe.
- Normal white track shoes, not pristine white, mind you, for no one in a sane mind would have such clean shoes - unless they were new.
- Why don't they have prospects wear full football gear instead of allowing them to run bare-chested in skimpy shorts and track shoes?
- Dozens walked by wearing everyday jeans and sweatshirts and track shoes, the American uniform, for better or worse.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.