In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1equipo (de deportes) masculinochándal masculino Españapants masculino Méxicobuzo masculino Perú Chilesudadera femenino Colombiajogging masculino Río de la Plata
- They came in their wellies and wax jackets, but tracksuits, hipster jeans, dainty shoes and sparkly tops were also on show.
- He was wearing a dark tracksuit with a hooded top and a scarf around his face.
- Two others were 6ft tall and wore dark tracksuits.
- It wasn't much use - girls were wearing everything from fancy dresses to tracksuits.
- He was wearing a dark tracksuit top and trousers at the time of the attack.
- He returns, make-up and hair fixed, still dressed in his tracksuit trousers and T-shirt.
- Among the smartly dressed businessmen a handful of young hospital visitors dressed in tracksuits, trainers and baseball caps look incongruous as they sit smoking in the interior gardens.
- He drives to work in Tallaght each morning dressed in a tracksuit and goes for a five-mile run.
- The man who was naked from the waist up and wearing tracksuit bottoms, has not yet been identified.
- At this point it began producing leisure wear and tracksuits.
- The man was wearing a black tracksuit, a black windbreaker and a green jersey.
- He described his attacker as white, aged about 16 and wearing a blue tracksuit top and a baseball cap.
- He was wearing a dark-coloured tracksuit with the hood up and a baseball cap on underneath.
- I was wearing navy blue tracksuits - something that's not skin tight and therefore would allow me to hide my little black gun in my pocket.
- I don't have any specific clothing preferences, but at most I am a boring dresser, sticking to casual clothes like T-shirts and tracksuits.
- One wore a white tracksuit with hooded top while the other had dark clothing.
- The final selection was a navy tracksuit with grey polo shirt for boys, and blue polo shirt for the girls.
- The teachers around her were all wearing tracksuits and attire that they'd wear whilst teaching.
- Two men wore tracksuits with Arabic writing across the back.
- They should preferably wear loose clothing like tracksuits.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.