In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Features include advanced hydraulic controls and impressive power in terms of rated operating capacities, tractive effort, bucket breakout force, and the like.
- Operators of road slugs in the Northwest are usually lines with poor track and steep grades which require a lot of tractive effort, but not necessarily more horsepower.
- ‘It has such tractive power that we were pushing piles several times larger than what others could push; we were pushing mountains,’ he describes.
- The tractive effort of the machine seems weak, especially in this deep snow that we have now.
- And because the tractor unit is self-contained in a single unit, greater tractive effort can be applied to help move the unit through wet soils.
- These tracks enable a machine to operate in conditions where low ground pressure and high tractive effort are needed while minimizing the damage to the operating surface.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.