In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Farm tractors are used to move organic and phosphate wastes onto the dykes.
- Other teams had to carry or roll tractor tyres along the sand.
- One of our most frequent excursions takes us to the abandoned tractor in a nearby field.
- One day he remembered starting the old diesel tractor on the farm inside a metal shed.
- There were tractors ploughing the soil, many of the shrubs had been uprooted and it was buzzing with activity.
- Farther north, a farm wife drives a tractor pulling a flat rack.
- Vintage tractors, motorcycles, cars trucks etc all welcome on the day.
- We recently came across a major scam of agricultural tractors stolen in England.
- As with any other purchase, it pays to shop around before buying a small tractor.
- A used tractor tire makes an excellent base for converting hog feeders to cattle feeders.
- Estate tractors, also known as compact diesel tractors, are nearly all heavy-duty machines.
- Deaths associated with farm tractors are the most common cause of work-related death in U.S. agriculture.
- In 1990 a new 120 horsepower tractor cost $40,000.
- Loose or wet soil can aggravate deep tractor tire tracks during tillage or drilling.
- Dad says he never really thought about buying a new tractor.
- Adam pulled his other glove off and dropped the pair on top of the tractor tire.
- At this moment he was playing with a toy tractor quite happily, making his noises.
- Carlow's strong farming background was also highlighted by the number of vintage tractors in the parade.
- An antique tractors show took place on Friday afternoon as well as horse shows.
- The garden also boasts an old wheelbarrow filled with plants, and a large tractor tyre tumbling with colour.
2Informáticatractor masculinobefore noun tractor feed — alimentación por tracción femenino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.