In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sindicato masculinogremio masculino Cono Sur Perú(leader) (before noun) sindical(leader) (before noun) sindicalista(leader) (before noun) gremialto form a trade union — sindicarse
- the trade union movement — el movimiento sindical
- These are the conditions under which workers begin to form trades unions and the workers direct their struggle against the employers.
- But this was not a stand-off between trades unions and Labour over pay.
- The pressures exerted by political parties, trades unions, and professional groups contributed a great deal to this important development.
- In recent times the old collective institutions, from the churches and community organisations to trades unions and political parties, have lost their roots and their purchase.
- But there was a much cooler reaction from other campaigners in the trades unions and Labour movements.
- Workers do use it every time they organise a trade union and fight for better wages and conditions.
- It is estimated that less than one in four immigrant workers are represented by a trade union.
- These excluded workers included blacks - who have long suffered discrimination from the building trades unions - and non-union workers more generally.
- Therefore the trade union and labour movement now needs to get organised to fight back.
- I pay particular tribute to the trades unions and union learning representatives who are genuinely liberating the lives of so many of their members.
- And the trades unions reminded Labour, painfully, that power is not without responsibility to those who helped put you there.
- Three things kept Labour united: shared social democratic values; organisational inertia, and the trades unions.
- There are no political parties, no elections, no independent legislature, no trades unions, no bar association, no independent judiciary, and no independent human rights organisations.
- Democratic governments, democratic parties, trades unions and student organisations were all targets at various times.
- Some people are unkind enough to say it is a trade union and does not act in the public interest.
- Medical organisations, charities and trades unions have welcomed the move, but the country's licensed trade has threatened a legal battle saying a ban could cause 30,000 job losses.
- In the rolling reform demands, just weeks ago state officials and public sector workers set up another group, workers for change, which wants to establish independent trades unions.
- That organisation, like the trade union movement, can do a lot at national level.
- How long are workers going to follow a trade union that has no real perspective to offer?
- It is not an easy decision to become a trade unionist without a trade union.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.