In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1zona industrial femeninopolígono industrial masculino España
- The proposed site consists of a trading estate, made up of a mixed quality of industrial buildings, many of which are empty.
- I went outside and saw the smoke coming from the trading estate and then heard all the sirens.
- At this point traffic trying to enter the town centre would have to pass a large trading estate.
- There were also novelties such as trading estates which offered inducements to industrialists to group together and move into older industrial areas by offering cheap rates or investment grants.
- We believe this provides the most effective solution because it would be shorter, still provide access to the trading estate and give better traffic relief to the people of Westbury.
- The man adds knowingly: ‘People have questioned why he's still here and not on a trading estate.’
- Targets included a lock-up on a trading estate in Denton and premises in Cheetham Hill, north Manchester.
- The resin found its way into the trading estate's balancing pond, which catches rainwater from roofs and car parks.
- Business owners on a trading estate in Old Town saw red after council officials painted double yellow lines in error.
- The Périphérique that rings the city like a tarmacadam moat has now been absorbed into a sprawl of trading estates, high-rise developments and anonymous sleeper suburbs.
- Early on a June morning last year, four police officers drew up outside a warehouse on a deserted trading estate in Birmingham.
- The campaign still has a way to go yet and I hope the rest of the companies on the trading estate will be as enthusiastic as those already involved.
- Council planners deferred their decision for the houses and flats on a trading estate in Okus Road, Old Town, due to ‘serious concerns over density’.
- The plan, which is still at an early stage, would allow traffic to pass Westbury on the west and be routed via the trading estate to the A36.
- The shocking bit is, why would anyone do that on a trading estate on a Friday night?
- Customs officers found nearly £1m worth of cocaine and cannabis hidden in secret compartments in around 50 boxes of peppers at a trading estate in Southall.
- It would not look out of place on a Slough trading estate.
- They followed the car to the trading estate and saw it drive in.
- Lorries using a residential road as a shortcut to Westbury trading estates have caused so much damage to a low rail bridge the road has been closed for six weeks while it is made safe.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.