In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1actriz dramática femeninoactriz trágica femenino
- In any genre where a happy ending is not only not guaranteed, but almost forbidden, one is likely to find a Tragedienne.
- However, she was also a tragedienne not only on-screen, but, sadly, off-screen as well.
- She was a glamorous loser, a musical comedy tragedienne, a mixture of frivolity and misfortune.
- Her skills as a tragedienne come forward in Rigoletto and even more so in La traviata, where she is an unforgettably poignant Violetta.
- She was regarded as a tragedienne and often compared to great actresses of the day.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.