In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1zapatilla de deporte femeninotenis masculino
- He said he would have to borrow a fellow inmate's training shoes for a court appearance.
- She was wearing dark green trousers with a white letter A printed on the right side. She was also wearing white training shoes with pink piping.
- He was clean shaven, tanned and wore cream coloured jeans, a white t-shirt and beige training shoes.
- I can turn a blind eye to jeans and even to men not wearing a jacket, but we can't have training shoes here.
- One of the pair was wearing distinctive black and yellow Adidas training shoes, and the other was also wearing trainers.
- One teenage joyrider was tracked down after the impression of his training shoe was found on a car pedal.
- His subtly voguish attire completes the picture: black jeans, a garishly-patterned red shirt, a pair of 1950s-esque sunglasses, and noticeably upmarket training shoes.
- She only took time to change her shoes before returning to the track for the 5,000m - electing to run in her training shoes.
- I again looked into the bin and could see further red material with writing and three small, white training shoes.
- It was here he was tied up and assaulted, and his vehicle, containing a quantity of training shoes was stolen.
- All that's needed are a playing kit (shirt, socks, shorts); football boots; training shoes; a waterproof top and a packed lunch.
- Please note that only runners or training shoes with non-marking soles should be worn.
- The second man was 5ft 10 in tall, of slim build, with short, dark scruffy hair, wearing a sky blue linen jacket, and dark top, dark coloured jeans and training shoes.
- He had a thin face with a long thin nose, stubble and was wearing an ill-fitting blue tracksuit with white stripes and dirty white training shoes.
- The victim, who is in her early 20s, was wearing distinctive clothing - teddy bear pyjama bottoms, a black T-shirt and training shoes.
- When he disappeared he was wearing a blue Adidas T-shirt, blue tracksuit bottoms, and grey coloured training shoes.
- When last seen, he was wearing black tracksuit bottoms, a brown/grey jumper and white training shoes.
- There's also about nine thousand pages of pictures of training shoes.
- I could see further red material with similar writing and three small white training shoes.
- He was wearing a dark, hooded top, black, baggy training trousers and was wearing brown training shoes or boots.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.