In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1trance masculinoto be in a trance — estar en trance
- to fall / go into a trance — entrar en trance
- the music sent her into a trance — la música la hizo entrar en trance / caer en el éxtasis
- This entity was supposed to be a manifestation or thought-form akin to the ectoplasm that is generated by mediums while in a trance state.
- They don't understand that they're moving toward the trance state, the crossing of the threshold.
- I was filtering out all verbal communication and only paying attention to body language, and entered a really peaceful trance state.
- She focused her power on the warriors below her, going into an almost meditative trance.
- For example, some practitioners see someone's very sense of identity as a powerful trance state, rather than as something with a concrete existence.
- The experience of a hypnotic trance is one of extremely focussed attention.
- What I do is enter a light trance state, and then attempt to use touch visualization to climb the rope out of my body.
- Would it be easier just to try a shamanic trance and go hunt them down?
- ‘Journeying’ isn't the same as attaining a trance state so you can work as a medium/oracle for example.
- Analogies were drawn to waking from a dream, from a hypnotic trance, or from meditation.
- She silently slipped into a meditative trance and heard the music of her mind.
- In desperation I turned to that old standby, the self-induced trance.
- I generally use a 20 to 30-minute trance induction and deepening process.
- There is no documented report of Virginia being placed into a mesmeric trance in the hours preceding her death.
- Take the plunge of trance induction, but don't use illegal substances to get there!
- Her mind began to enter a trance, and she almost thought she heard faint, crystalline singing.
- Hypnotherapy will only be effective, he says, if the hypnotic trance is deep enough.
- Is this a mystical gift bestowed upon me in a meditative trance?
- Slowly, I break the light trance and stand up, feeling much better.
- We would associate the hands actually touching with a deepening of the trance state.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.