In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- People just need to locate the whereabouts of a radio transceiver, which functions like a modem.
- The newly developed transceivers offer increased opportunities for broadband wireless video transmission throughout the home, office, and in commercial venues etc.
- In the past, Earth-based radio transceivers performed all these functions, limiting both the communication bandwidth and the navigation accuracy.
- Each camera is equipped with a transceiver for receiving and sending data, and a display for observing the messages or listening to them.
- When operating at 2GHz, this reduces noise to less than 1dB, and allows single-chip transceivers to carry out the transmit and receive requirements of the 3G system.
- The power supply provides a source of electrical energy for the cellular transceiver and the control circuitry.
- Satellites acting as depositories for digital cash would allow companies and individuals to move money anywhere, using computers or even handheld devices linked to satellite transceivers.
- In order to communicate fast, most spies needed access to a radio transceiver.
- The transceiver also includes a transmitter with a third input port for receiving parallel data and a second output port for transmitting a serial data stream.
- These chips act as transponders (transmitters/responders), always listening for a radio signal sent by transceivers, or RFID readers.
- During a connection, radio transceivers hop from one channel to another.
- The transceiver includes a receiver which can be selectively powered down whenever activity within the communication line ceases.
- Each of the slave nodes has an uplink transceiver and a downlink transceiver, with the downlink transceiver ordinarily isolated by switches from the common bus.
- Engineers also need to isolate elements such as radio transceivers that can interfere with delicate digital circuitry and add complex software that can deftly manage these multitaskers.
- Military personnel were early users of electronic equipment operating in close proximity to radio transceivers.
- By doing this, they eliminated much of the expense and complexity of a radio transceiver that has to convert a non-audible signal to a tone you can hear.
- Typically, a rig consists of a wireless radio transmitter used by the coach, and a wireless transceiver used by the speaker.
- By the age of 9 myself and my younger brother were involved in constructing complex electronic devices such as radio transceivers.
- Each mobile device communicates over the air with a fixed transceiver, which communicates with a server via landline.
- This is creating a growing need for higher speed data communications transceivers to harvest the potential of these more powerful new technologies and next generation devices.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.