In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Enough to raise themselves to the same level of transcendence.
- And now that we know all about them, there still remains the mystery of his transcendence.
- In science fiction there can be no inexplicable marvels, no transcendences, no devils or demons.
- They are the inability to distinguish between transcendence in fact and transcendence in illusion.
- Fundamentalists, on the other hand, have emphasized the transcendence of God.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.