In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in medicine, gardening)trasplantar
- Still, many young, recently transplanted trees are fertilized to prevent nutrient deficiencies and stimulate more rapid growth.
- The miniature kidneys and heart tissue were then transplanted back into the cows that the adult cells were taken from.
- A few rainy days were spent cleaning up the field, so there are several neat rows and some newly transplanted banana trees.
- Try transplanting a few flowers and herbs, or a pepper plant, into windowsill pots to keep summer around a little longer.
- Many different tissues can be transplanted such as whole organs like the heart, or cells as in bone marrow transplantation.
- Kidneys were the first organs to be successfully transplanted.
- Please sign a donor card; physicians will decide whether your organs and tissues can be transplanted.
- With her cancer cured, the ovarian tissue was transplanted back into her body, and she began ovulating normally again.
- If a cadaver liver is available, it can be transplanted into an adult recipient.
- The heart or other organs can be transplanted or kept going by mechanical methodry, but the brain without electrical impulse is useless.
- Organs transplanted from living donors achieve a greater rate of success than do organs from deceased donors.
- Cranberry plants are transplanted to new farm fields in April or May.
- Commercial growers, incidentally, prefer the dormant plants because they make better runners than plants that are transplanted before they go dormant.
- Mid winter is perfect for repotting your indoor plants since many plants need to be transplanted into larger containers every two to three years.
- Seedlings were then transplanted into clay pots and grown under 16-hour days in the University greenhouses.
- For perennial plants, cuttings may be planted in situ or in a nursery and later transplanted in spring or summer.
- Organs routinely are transplanted from one person to another, and even some limb transplants have been successful.
- The seedlings can be left in these pots until planted into the flowerbeds, or can be transplanted into hanging baskets or window boxes when large enough to handle.
- The right side of the liver was transplanted into an adult patient, who also survived.
- Now Israeli scientists have successfully transplanted embryonic pig stem cells into mice.
- So now you have 2 great methods for successfully transplanting rose bushes.
- Organs have been successfully transplanted from donors in their 70s and 80s.
- Scientists hope to someday cure disease by transplanting healthy stem cells into sick people.
- Scientists have produced evidence that stem cells from the brain may be among the few tissues that can be transplanted from one body to another with minimal risk of rejection.
- Newly transplanted ornamentals have limited root systems and will be under stress.
- The following herbicides can be safely applied to labeled newly transplanted stock, with the restrictions noted.
- Seedlings must be transplanted twice before being planted on the slopes where they will be allowed to mature.
- Instead of transplanting an organ, the cells of an organ are being transplanted.
- Sow vegetables and flowering annual seeds indoors about six weeks before transplanting to the garden.
- Nevertheless, successfully transplanting animal organs into human beings is still a long way off.
- Flowering bulbs can be transplanted, if done carefully, into decorative containers.
- Since there was no artificial liver or heart equivalent to the artificial kidney, if these transplanted organs did not function immediately, death was inevitable.
- The cost to transplant each tree is about $3,500, excluding arborist services and care and maintenance.
- Set slips deep enough to cover three-fourths of the stem and water them promptly after transplanting to the garden.
- The organs need to be transplanted into the other person within a matter of hours.
- Inoculated seedlings were transplanted into pots containing 180 ml perlite/sand medium.
- Even with a human-to-human organ transplant the body's defence mechanisms attempt to destroy the foreign organ.
- The extra seedlings can be transplanted but require frequent watering for the first several weeks.
- You can transplant in the spring up until the plants leaf out.
- There are currently researchers working across the country transplanting embryonic stem cells into rats.
1(be planted again)a shrub that transplants easily — un arbusto fácil de trasplantar
1(operation)trasplante masculinohe's had a heart/kidney transplant — le han hecho un trasplante de corazón/riñón
- hair transplant — transplante capilar
- before noun transplant operation — operación de trasplante
- transplant patient — paciente que ha sido o va a ser sometido a un trasplante
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.