In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of objects, people)transporte masculinopublic transportation — transporte público
- He would like to find ways to reduce transportation costs and the labor dedicated to making sales.
- Right now, only the United States has the global and transportation resources to manage such a force.
- Today, the transportation of goods often involves greater distances and requires careful coordination.
- However, the mass transportation of livestock around the country will clearly have to be looked at.
- He suspects this is due to the interstate transportation of game farm animals.
- Continuous position determination is an absolute must for monitoring storage and transportation of dangerous goods.
- Was there actual evidence from your client that the tobacco leaf was cut in order to enable it to fit into bags for easy transportation?
- The price of oil affects transportation costs, which in turn affect the price of food.
- Governments and people on both sides have wished for direct cross-strait transportation for many years.
- If this scheme is carried out, it could help reduce transportation costs.
- Could changes in fuel and transportation costs have an impact on your business?
- There are transportation costs, company profits - all that sort of thing.
- The low-grade ore was segregated on the dump, awaiting the arrival of cheap rail transportation to the district.
- But the handicapped person faces extra medical and transportation costs.
- For bulk goods these conditions led to high transportation costs and long delays in delivery.
- As the overruns were probably stolen, there would be the crime of interstate transportation of stolen goods.
- Using locally available material minimises transportation costs and helps the local economy.
- Now we already have cargo transportation to China from Kaohsiung via Xiamen.
- The global transportation of building materials and other related resources carries other impacts.
- I was appointed to a committee by the Transportation Research Board to examine freight transportation needs for the 21st century.
- The businesses that exist to service these launching needs form an international space transportation industry.
- People are also still choosing to use sea transportation rather than traveling by land to avoid danger.
- Bus transportation companies are preparing to increase their prices by five per cent.
- Most ports are well linked to local and intercity rail transportation.
- Most also had significant complaints about the lack of support for sustainable transportation in their cities.
- Cutting carbon emissions also means restructuring our transportation systems.
- What other fun is there in connection with today's air transportation system?
- More now on the massive nearly $300 billion transportation bill just passed by Congress.
- Low-cost public transportation is provided by postal buses.
- In Britain, rural public transportation is often provided with postal vans offering seating for regular passengers.
- No public transportation is available that could take her all the way to work.
- We should build a new generation of less expensive and safer space transportation to replace the Shuttle.
- The result would be a degraded air transportation system that would put a huge dent in economic prosperity.
- So we're well protected in the air transportation system of the United States.
- Officials say the duo were seen photographing transportation systems, such as subways and buses.
- Consider walking, riding a bike, or using mass transportation.
- A few cultures, most notably China, also built canals to extend the river transportation network.
- The national health and transportation service networks have collapsed.
- The transportation system was running perfectly underneath the Canadian soil.
- The attacks have put everything from transportation systems to personal information at risk.
(of convicts)deportación femenino
- For a long time in Australia, probably the main industry was the transportation of convicts from the United Kingdom.
- This agitation ended an unpopular attempt by the British government to renew convict transportation.
- One area where she made important changes was in the treatment of prisoners sentenced to transportation to the colonies.
- A prisoner's condition and life signs should be monitored before, during and after transportation.
- One of the prisoners taken on board that day was John Bentcliffe, who had been imprisoned at Portland awaiting transportation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.