In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Both commuters and transporters deserve a fair deal.
- For example, for a long time the government did not allow the non-life insurers to revise upwards the motor insurance premium rates due to the pressure from the transporters' lobby.
- It is estimated that 25,000 jobs could be at risk if the problems of Scotland's fishing fleets and of processors and transporters are not tackled.
- The order against the distributors and transporters of whole-sale meat and meat products was made in regard to the slicing or cooked ham or any cooked meat.
- Even the exporters and transporters who risk life and limb to get cocaine into the US are not the ones making the super profits.
- Workers at businesses and municipalities that have tested the transporters aren't exactly sending in rave reviews, either.
- Taxes collected from the transporters should not be diverted for other purpose.
- In some cases, management also charges registration fee from the transporters on a unit vehicle basis.
- Transporters, particularly passenger transporters will clamour for increased fares in order to cover the added cost of petrol and diesel.
- Waste management also has division of labor and is undertaken by transporters that carry waste to the heap margins and heap workers that manage the heap.
- PETA's investigations into the trade in cattle, goats, sheep and other animals have revealed beatings, mutilation and miserable deaths at the hands of transporters and abattoir workers.
- One of Western Australia's biggest livestock transporters is about to increase his cartage rates.
- In the proposed bylaw, it is not only sand miners who will be sanctioned but also transporters and traders.
- And what's the security systems and access to saleyards will be impostered on transporters and buyers but also the producers themselves.
- By the time a product arrives on the supermarket shelf the cost of the food is a small proportion of the total, which has been bumped up by transporters, packagers, distributors and retailers.
- The Department has reminded all farmers and transporters of livestock that farm animals are at risk of suffering from heat stress during hot summer weather.
- During the past 11 years, the company has supplied to Bulgarian private transporters more than 600 new heavy trucks for international transport.
- It is incumbent upon the authorities to meet with road transporters and where need be smooth out the technical details of how maize could be brought into the country without delay.
- Britain is one of the world's biggest transporters of radioactive material.
- The opening up of the roads will make it easier for transporters and traders to go deep in the remote areas to reach farmers who have the crop.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.