In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- After storage, thick transversal sections were made with a razor blade.
- Radiating and transversal markings common on internal surface of valves or on steinkerns.
- A faint transversal line may indicate the posterior border of the seventh sternite.
- Indeed, the electron microscopy pictures of the transversal cuts show this last organization and demonstrate the embodiment of the nanotubes.
- Arrowheads indicate the planes of the transversal cuts in panels (A) and (B).
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.