1colon transverso masculino
- The transverse colon joins the descending colon, and in the same region five cross sections of jejunum can be identified.
- The right side of the colon includes the cecum, ascending colon and proximal transverse colon and cannot be reached by flexible sigmoidoscopy.
- On the right side, the transverse colon sacculations and the ascending colon (which appears three sided) are seen.
- The colon is divided into four parts: the ascending colon, the transverse colon, the descending colon, and the sigmoid colon.
- In the middle of the section, the transverse colon and ileal arteries and veins may be identified.