In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1flauta traversa femeninoflauta travesera femenino España
- Globally, transverse flutes are less common than end-blown or duct flutes.
- The physical process of making sound with a reed is clearly not the same as it is for a transverse flute.
- The simple wooden or reed form of the transverse flute may have also been used in addition to the more regular end blown flutes or whistles.
- The Concerto in D for Traverso (a transverse flute) and the Suite in A Minor for Recorder, Strings, and Basso Continuo are among Telemann's most famous works.
- Some Indian bamboo transverse flutes have holes so far apart that they cannot be properly played by a Westerner.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.