In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1onda transversal femenino
- Then the researchers sent a quick, transverse wave pulse across the fluid.
- The water wave, like the violin string, is an example of a transverse wave.
- Specifically, light travels in transverse waves - that is, while traveling along a generally straight path, light waves will vibrate in many directions perpendicular to that path.
- In fact Fresnel had already published his theory that light was a transverse wave but, although Doppler had read Fresnel's work, he did not accept it.
- Most aquatic animals use the jet-stream propulsion in a form of propagating a transverse wave along the body from head to tail.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.