In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tiro al plato masculinotiro skeet masculino
- There was also trap shooting at clay pigeons and maybe even a shooting gallery below decks.
- Really, until Major Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore won the silver at Athens, I did not know what trap shooting was and that India had representatives in the event at the Olympic Games.
- The down-the line events are more or less conventional trap shooting with the clays being released away from the shooter.
- Although lead shot is banned for hunting waterfowl in both the US and Canada, it can still be used for hunting upland birds and for trap shooting, which occurs in some of the areas where Trumpeter Swans winter.
- To fix this, I suggest you repeat your two very best appearances over the past few weeks: Windsurfing off Nantucket and trap shooting in Ohio.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.