In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1búsqueda del tesoro femenino
- The children are excited about the party and there will be plenty of fun and games, including pass the parcel and a treasure hunt, and we will also be having a visit from Father Christmas.
- The CD plays with older forms like the treasure hunt, a game with embedded clues, shadow puppetry silhouettes and traditional folklore.
- Ever fancied a global treasure hunt with cryptic clues embedded in worldwide media?
- In the game, you will be given clues, like a treasure hunt.
- Write and illustrate short stories with them, stage a play or set up a treasure hunt with clues.
- I hope this Search For The Stone treasure hunt will encourage people to get out walking and help the rural economy back on its feet.
- But it is also a fun afternoon and there will be a treasure hunt, goody bags, prizes and plenty of games and entertainment.
- Objects and images are embedded in the perimeter wall and can be glimpsed through peepholes set at different heights, and these serve as clues in a treasure hunt.
- We'll be having a fun flying comp this year to coincide with our nighttime fun - pilots will fly for points which they will cash in for clues for the evening treasure hunt.
- The day started with a treasure hunt and this was followed by a parachute game with all the mums and dads invited to participate.
- Smaller children also enjoyed the bouncy castle and Children's Corner with the treasure hunt, Hook-a-Duck, Spin the Wheel, and fishing games.
- Pupils at Seend School did most of the organisation for the event themselves and thought of ideas for games, including a treasure hunt, marbles and lucky dips.
- The first day of the Christmas Festival was for fun/cruisers - a treasure hunt - with clues along a devious course some ten miles NW of St Lucia to Marigot Bay.
- In the afternoon, there are games to be played, including a treasure hunt that could interest our non-golfing duo.
- The treasure hunt will be followed by an auction in Clarke's Lounge Bar, where items can be donated on the day for auction.
- I then hid them around the house as a treasure hunt, with clues to the next place.
- These exercises are like a treasure hunt, where one clue leads to the next.
- The event included village stocks, a greasy log, face-painting, a barbecue, a raffle and a car treasure hunt, with a colour TV as first prize.
- The treasure hunt was spread over a 65-km. route with several surprises and games on the way.
- Other events were a teddy bears' picnic on the Jubilee Field followed by a treasure hunt for adults in which a total of 14 cars took part.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.