In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tratado masculinotreatise on sth — tratado sobre algo
- This difficult concept was in its own time the subject of many theoretical treatises, few of which agree in detail.
- He was aware of philosophers who wrote authoritative treatises, telling their readers what to think about a number of large and important matters.
- He wrote three treatises on numbers which helped to bring the Indian symbols and ideas of decimal fractions to the attention of some of the learned people in Europe.
- I want to write a treatise on democracy and the difference between what exists and what the intent of the idea was.
- He is famed as the first person to write a Sanskrit treatise on the astrolabe.
- In all he wrote about ten treatises on astronomy.
- We have commented above on the disputes among modern scholars as to whether Aristotle wrote the treatises now assigned to him.
- Hutton continued to publish textbooks, treatises and papers.
- He wrote several intellectual treatises that are admired even today.
- You wrote a treatise on John Cage - how does this activity fit into those ideas?
- Learned scholars write massive treatises on contract changes, a testament to this general sense of ambiguity.
- They study magic and write treatises and quarrel, as scholars will, but none of them can cast a spell to save his life.
- The book is composed of four separate treatises, each dealing with a particular class of numbers.
- There's clearly a history and you know, for being beyond words, I have thousands of Sufi treatises written by Sufis.
- He wrote several theological treatises, which appeared after his death.
- He developed his interest in mechanics, writing treatises on his inventions which he circulated in manuscript.
- He also wrote treatises on the Theology of Plato, On Providence, and On the Subsistence of Evil.
- Let us first comment on the three volume work, which was the biggest treatise ever to be written on line geometry.
- Aristotle wrote two ethical treatises: the Nicomachean Ethics and the Eudemian Ethics.
- Most of the Sutras in short enigmatic aphorisms were written as treatises to the earlier schools of philosophical thoughts.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.