In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It's a virtuoso performance full of muted notes, plucked resonance, bristling clusters, elliptical melodies, rolled chords and tremolos.
- But he also interprets the shaking in musical terms using tremolos and trills, which can themselves be described as shakes.
- In the second section the flute ignites sparks of tone through rapid tonguing, tremolos, staccatos and trills as the tape sounds ebb and flow, gradually evolving from one harmony to the next.
- It's based on triads, with these little tremolos in the strings.
- Nonetheless, when the strings were together, we were treated to a wonderful tremolo in the cellos, beginning as a mere susurrus, then pouring forth into a majestic sound.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.