In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1persona que inicia una moda
- According to recent research, ‘Tuning into the Indian Youth’, MTV VJs are trendsetters and the ‘ultimate’ in fashion.
- As the cold winds begin to blow, fashion trendsetters, celebrities, and professional athletes have started donning their favorite headwear.
- This is the trendsetter when it came to cultural trends, political trends.
- It's an interesting paradox: original she may not be, but a trendsetter she certainly is.
- A person that doesn't purchase at least one or two new pieces of clothing every season can definitely not consider himself a fashion trendsetter.
- Fashion, say trendsetters in Dubai, is here to stay.
- All this time I was slavishly imitating a TV character and she thought I was a fashion trendsetter (albeit a disastrously failed one).
- Institutions in South Mumbai, which attract students from affluent families, have been trendsetters in fashion.
- Elvis Presley's shark fin blazers and trademark ‘puff’ still keep mass fashion trendsetters agog.
- Andrew added: ‘Stuart was amazed to find he's become a trendsetter, a fashion icon.’
- Indeed, she emerged as a fashion trendsetter, helped frame the office, and was the capital city's leading social figure for decades.
- Nicole Kidman has long been considered a fashion trendsetter.
- Celebrity figures are fashion trendsetters for mere mortals everywhere.
- This 21-to 30-year-old population is the very demographic that marketers perceive as trendsetters when it comes to fashion and music.
- They include a sparkle princess, a rock star, a fashion trendsetter and a drama diva complete with glittery sunglasses.
- Similar to how high-end fashion brands gain popularity, a brand must be first accepted by opinion leaders and trendsetters in Cheongdam-dong and spread to hip areas in Gangnam and Hongdae.
- But it's pretty much guaranteed that those trendsetters who start the fashion rages already have something new in mind.
- Queen Victoria's daughter Princess Louise was a trendsetter when she married the Marquis of Lorne, heir to the dukedom of Argyll, in 1871.
- Other trendsetters took a cue from Africa's most revered politician, and ditched their suits.
- When we look at the winners of our challenge, we see champions of innovation: leaders, change agents, disrupters, trendsetters, and social entrepreneurs.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.