In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The invention relates to a method and apparatus for trephining corneal tissue in preparation for keratoplasty.
- An instrument that acts like a cookie cutter, called a trephine, cuts a precise circular shape.
- The only difference in processing of the BM core and clot was decalcification of the trephine core biopsy.
- The bone marrow aspirate was similar to the trephine, with 15% of blasts showing monocytoid differentiation together with an absolute monocytosis and mild dyserythropoiesis.
- In 2 cases, a bone marrow trephine biopsy was also available for examination.
- The instrument for this is still called a trephine.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.