In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Cellular triangulation, Wi-Fi networks, and ultrawideband offer outdoor and indoor location data as well, sometimes down to the centimeter level.
- The first task was to establish a reference point on the far bank so the crossing could be measured by triangulation.
- From 1890 to 1893 he worked for the U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey and developed triangulation methods of surveying which were less expensive and more accurate than those employed up to that time.
- We located all radio-tagged individuals by triangulation and subsequent visual observation.
- Vision-based anticollision systems normally require two cameras because, like human eyes, they use stereoscopic triangulation to judge distance.
- Small accumulating errors of triangulation were estimated in relation to other sources of measurement and sampling errors.
- This is a fundamental limit to the physical measurement of triangulation systems.
- It was one of two instruments used to set up the principal triangulation and surveyor's grid for Great Britain-a mapping project to mark a network of fixed points across the country.
- We checked for spatial structure by determining the position of each pair on the lawn using the distance measurements described above and simple triangulation.
- He greatly increased the accuracy of measurements of the Earth, using Snell's method of triangulation.
- They cannot extend a ruler to a distant galaxy and cannot usually use triangulation like surveyors do because the distances involved are too large.
- It is of course possible that something could be rigged without the network and without triangulation.
- GPS altitude triangulation is much more accurate.
- The Royal Danish Academy began an ambitious project to undertake a topographical survey of Denmark and also to use triangulation to determine geographical coordinates.
- The position of the receiver is determined by triangulation, except that in this case, the distance to four GPS satellites is used to determine the receiver's position in three dimensions.
- The GPS transceivers exchange ranging signals among themselves, and then triangulation methods enable relative positioning of the devices.
- The accuracy of Borda's repeating circle allowed distances to be found by surveying using triangulation.
- However, accuracy of the position estimate by triangulation may be degraded depending on array geometry and rover location, the well known dilution of precision.
- He introduced techniques to measure the earth and distances on it using triangulation.
- A single measurement of a carefully selected baseline of just a few hundred metres enabled him to calculate the distances between all the towns via triangulation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.