In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The swimming portion of the triathlon took place off Pattaya Beach in front of the Pattaya Park Beach Resort.
- The Australians seem to believe in it, and used such devices during the triathlon event at the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games.
- Now my journey from sceptic to fanatic is complete, cycling being one of the three events in the triathlon for which I am training.
- The swimming portion of the triathlon will take place off Pattaya Beach in front of the Pattaya Park Hotel.
- Of course, many people who train successfully for marathons or long-distance triathlons never get sick.
- Salford hopes to become synonymous with the triathlon, and is bidding to host the 2010 World Championships.
- He said he might run marathons or compete in triathlons to feed the competitive part of his soul.
- ‘They knew I was in shape, but they worried I was down to 210 pounds because of the triathlons,’ he said.
- Chris Brogan was the only wheelchair athlete to complete the Olympic triathlon distance.
- Literally every evening the flatmates and I would gather round the TV and watch hour after hour of gymnastics, triathlons, high jump, diving, even a spot of dressage - whatever was on, we were transfixed.
- He channelled his rising anger into swimming and cycling, and soon began winning junior triathlons.
- Those with questions over their performance are thought to include the triathlon, athletics, shooting and swimming.
- I watch with awe as they compete in a triathlon, pentathlon or even a decathlon
- I remember back in my early 20s, thinking it would be just so fantastic to go the Olympic Games, and back then I was just running, and I actually took up triathlons just to cross-train to help my running, to maybe take it to that next level.
- It's not including her numerous medals and trophies for triathlons, pentathlons and track and field events.
- Eric Harr has completed more than 100 triathlons, winning 30 events in 23 countries.
- The Quays triathlon also incorporates the National Championships for the first time, ensuring a bumper entry.
- In 1998, she began to race in triathlons and just two years later she made a second Olympic appearance, this time as a triathlete.
- Prior to that the former solicitor's clerk had dabbled in water polo and the triathlon.
- Participants will complete a normal triathlon but the swimming section will be swapped for rowing.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.