In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The legal system is based on a combination of Spanish law and the tribal system.
- In the middle regions a number of tribal languages of the Munda or Austroasiatic family are spoken.
- Imagine an anthropologist visiting a remote tribal village to study its inhabitants.
- Although it is officially discouraged, there is some hiring along tribal lines.
- These tribal groups still do not identify themselves with the national culture.
- Other peoples had military leaders, tribal chiefs, or headmen, but not officials.
- You and your people cannot be adopted into the Kiktu without the consent of the entire tribe, in full tribal assembly.
- The idea of a wild chaotic continent wracked by poverty, drought and tribal warfare is challenged by images as well as words.
- This definition comes from someone who has lived among the rivalries of Northwest Coast tribal groups?
- Shared property rights or land use rights are held by custom and are generally tribal in origin.
- The founding act of this recoding is the repositioning of the tribal object as art.
- Indigenous, tribal, and peasant communities have been particularly hard hit.
- Since then, the world has been consumed with religious, racial, ethnic and tribal conflict.
- This is a very important part of tribal culture and preserves a tribe's identity and beliefs.
- Instead, the country has different tribal groups found on the different islands.
- The senior man in a family has the same kind of authority that tribal chiefs have.
- The meat and blubber were consumed by members of the Makah Tribe and during tribal ceremonies.
- They were a tribal nation where each tribe was recognised and God was the head.
- Those who decided to stay in the East could select homesteads on former tribal land.
- This national event is about tribal and folk life in all its resplendent beauty and colour in the country.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.