In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He picks upon the year 2000 as the most successful since the revival of the ceremony as evidenced by the heavy presence of many Nkoya chiefs and traditional leaders of other tribes.
- The area now called England was occupied by many European cultures and tribes.
- But some leaders within my tribe reject this tradition.
- Part of its brief is to investigate the authenticity of kingdoms, kings, tribes and other traditional leaders.
- Favoritism for those from the same tribe or region is common.
- A vibrant economy would help sustain the tribe's social and cultural aspirations, he said.
- The people of the hill tribes continue the traditional beliefs and practices of their ancestors.
- These hill tribes have faced economic difficulties related to their lack of land rights.
- It gradually became the common name of many tribes.
- This is a very important part of tribal culture and preserves a tribe's identity and beliefs.
- When our traditional leaders embrace each other then it promotes unity among tribes and communities.
- Native groups began to form federally recognized tribes and gain access to grants and federal services.
- The Apache tribes are federally recognized tribes.
- In fact, Rountree's role in securing state recognition for nonreservation tribes was primarily applied toward the Powhatan groups.
- Military heroes and the leaders of vanquished tribes often had this status conferred upon them by the ruling Inca.
- The committee oversees the tribe's economic development, including the use of natural resources and the investment of tribal income.
- Women were involved in decision-making in various ways in families, communities, and tribes.
- And at one point, I was invited into the tribe's most traditional community for a wake.
- This is a fair conclusion stemming from the way the two tribes ' annual cultural traditional ceremonies have gone on in this district this time around.
- For almost three years, I was a cultural leader within my tribe.
2coloquial, humorístico(family)tribu femenino coloquial humorísticofamilia femeninoclan masculino
- The Amazonian is back in another dress; either that or they have a whole tribe of them backstage.
- I'm a non-denominational/multidenominational kind of person and try not to think about things that distinguish our various tribes.
- But it's awfully depressing to see how quickly we can indulge the urge to trim the Faith to suit our political tribe.
- Getting Congress' warring tribes to back this agenda may be easy by comparison.
- Before you know it, I had a whole tribe of Somalis wanting to rent.
- He never joined one of the Labour Party's political tribes, nor sought to start his own.
- There are plenty of theories, such as group theory, that are not meant to be complete in that sense, because they describe a whole tribe of structures.
- Does this suggest that Watters' urban tribes are intensely political in ways he has not yet registered?
- While Chris may have the heart of a chief, he is still a novice in the tribe's political conversations.
- And pretty soon that second guy is whispering to a third guy, and before long a whole burly tribe of traders gather around Ty and they're going bananas!
- If ornaments appeared in subfamilies or tribes that were phylogenetically separated, these were counted as evolutionarily independent events.
- The family Blenniidae is the largest family in its suborder, consisting of six tribes with 53 genera and 345 species.
- In all, 32 species from 10 genera of four tribes in subfamily Zingiberoideae, and five species from one genus of subfamily Costoideae were tested.
- Many genera in the subfamily Ambleminae, tribe Lampsilini exhibit sexual dimorphism.
- A broad investigation was initiated into the floral development of 30 taxa out of 15 tribes, focussing on the initiation of bracteoles and on the sequence of sepal initiation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.