In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Research on adhesion in surface engineering and tribology is a recent topic within the group.
- There is little understanding of tribology; consequently, it requires a systematic approach and a broad knowledge of Chemistry, Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Metallurgy, and Solid Mechanics.
- He has edited several books and conference proceedings on machining and tribology of advanced materials.
- Conventional tribology has become well established in the past fifty years but the few handbooks that exist are dated.
- Our vision is to be the nationally recognized facility of choice for performing research and development in machining, inspection, and tribology of ceramics and other high performance materials.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.