In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Our filming trike was not really a trike because it had four wheels.
- However, the bid that was accepted by the plenary was based upon both car towing and individual nations hiring dedicated trikes so this facility must remain.
- All the kit will be moved back to the UK where we will run a slimmed down winter operation in the UK with the two trikes before investing in new ones for 2004.
- Last year's event attracted 170 bikes including vintage, classic, trikes, custom, touring and sports models and £19,000 was raised for local charities.
- About 100 bikes and trikes joined the 60-mile run to meet other bikers in Blackpool, bringing the Golden Mile to a standstill.
- He's also becoming addicted to hang gliding (which we'll review in due course), and he tinkers with bikes and trikes.
- The youngsters brought their own trikes and bikes to school earlier this month and each completed a lap of the specially constructed wheely trail’ for sponsor money.
- He unscrewed handlebars and wheels etc. and fitted the two trikes neatly in the boot.
- He added that it has been fascinating to see children being brought in for their first trikes and go up through bigger bikes until they are bringing their own children in.
- The tragedy has raised concerns about the safety of trikes, particularly in Blackpool where purpose-built trikes have been given the council's go-ahead for use as taxis from next Easter.
- If we were staying here I'd trade my bike in for a trike and, depending on the location, I may well do that when we fetch up some place new.
- All the kids go around the block driving patriotically festooned bikes and trikes.
- Some went on trikes when they were young and rode bikes as they grew older.
- The day could be summarised as: tandems are harder than they look, sit-up-and-beg bikes cause pain, and recumbent trikes are great fun.
- High winds and torrential rain made conditions difficult but seven bikers and a trike took part in what has become an annual event.
- In overtaking a fully aware child on a bike or trike, the child's tendency to twist around and watch you over his or her shoulder causes the bike to swerve across your path just as you attempt to pass.
- Other events tomorrow include a vintage cycle display, tandem and trike racing and grass track racing.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.