In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in UK)trimestre de verano masculino
- Just how many graduate students have applied for awards and have been rejected will not be known until the end of Trinity term, but the figure of unsuccessful applicants is likely to be higher than last year.
- Merton College has announced plans to close its kitchens for renovations for four weeks in Trinity term.
- For any aspiring female boxers, Trinity term could be the beginning of an illustrious career.
- With this position, as I found out, Llosa would be spending Trinity term in Oxford, giving a series of eight lectures on Hugo's Les Miserables.
- Excepting the post-finals trip to Manoir, it should provide the meal to look forward to in Trinity term.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.